perjantai 23. elokuuta 2013

Eye candy for 1920s fashion fans

I recently had a chance to see couple of episodes of an Australian TV series "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries", in which the Honorable (and sassy) Phryne Fisher solves murders and crimes in the 1920s Melbourne, Australia. The series is based on Kerry Greenwood's Phryne Fisher Murder Mystery novels.
Although I've never been much of a fan of crime series or novels, I confess that I do like Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple both on the page and on TV. Miss Fisher is of the similar stock, but with a slightly lighter and fashionable twist. I think the episodes are well written and the set design and the costumes are true to the period.



http://blogs.abc.net.au/.a/6a00e0097e4e6888330167659f6abb970b-pi    

http://ctchannel.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/miss-fisher9.jpg

Pictures from the ABC TV web site, no copyright infringement intended.

It's strange, really, the 20s fashion seems to be an acquired taste; I didn't really use to like it before (except the hats and the shoes), but now after a lot of exposure I've begun to see what's so great about the twenties style. I still adore the hats and the shoes, and the gorgeous fabrics and embroideries are another thin.

So, if you have a chance, I recommend  Miss Fisher, even if it's only for the fabulous clothes :)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti