sunnuntai 24. helmikuuta 2019

1920s photoshoot

It seems that the only costuming stuff I do these days are photoshoots...
I had another day out with @suvik.photography, and this time I took my 20s dresses and cocoon coat out for a spin. I also had a chance to wear the über-oriental tiara again.

I made both the dresses out of vintage saris and I'm fairly pleased with them. The patterns are my own, and especially the buttercream and black one I pretty much draped on the dress form and went from there.

I don't really have any proper twenties foundation garments, and in retrospect something busom-flattening would have been good. Ah well, next time.

I was happy with my hairdo for once; I changed my hair care routine in the beginning of this year, with the goal of embracing my natural curls and I really love it so far. For this 20s do I refreshed my curls, set my hair in pin curls with my curling cream and slept on it. In the morning I took the curls down and managed to produce a fairly decent, pseudo-marcel waved look. Win :)

For the coat I used the Folkwear Poiret Cocoon Coat  pattern and I'm happy with that too.

This way to the photos (which turned out too too divine).












No corset, I'm gonna lounge!









I kept feeling like a sphinx or something, wearing that crown, so we tried our hand in some 1920s surrealism. I have no idea what's going on here.







The Ankle




An Irish dancer, trying to do other dance styles: what do I do with my arms, help?!






6 kommenttia:

  1. Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic is one of the best Hair restoration clinic offering hair transplant in Dubai. FUE, FUT & PRP at an affordable price for men & women.
    Trusting Hair Transplantation as a Solution for Hair Loss

    VastaaPoista
  2. Vous recherchez des patrons de couture , des modèles de broderie , des patrons d’habits de poupée , des patrons de robes victoriennes . Déjà plus de 750 planches de patrons à télécharger http://www.french-crea-vintage.com/fr/ avec leurs revues d’époque.

    You are looking for patterns of embroidery, patterns of doll clothes, patterns of Victorian dresses . Already more than 750 pattern boards to download http://www.french-crea-vintage.com/en/

    VastaaPoista
  3. Hi. Your website is wonderful . I have prepared for you A4 printable old fashion patterns and magazines. Nice visit . Marie-Pascale . http://www.femmes-1900.com/en/

    VastaaPoista
  4. hello dear, are you still suffering from heart break or you are there you are looking for the fruit of the womb or you are there you have been suffering from HIV/AIDS you do not have time to waste crying all day cause that is a total waste of time all you need to do is to kindly contact Dr. Wealthy in his email address: wealthylovespell@gmail.com and explain everything to him, he will bring a solution to your problem.my dear brothers and sisters i want to tell you all that God have been using this man to bless many people in their numerous problems, what is that thing that is eating you up? you do not have to worry Dr. Wealthy is there to solve your problems today. once more contact him through his email address: wealthylovespell@gmail.com or add him up on WhatsApp +2348105150446

    VastaaPoista
  5. Hello, my name is (Brigitte Junga) I want to testify how I got cured of the (Herpes) Virus. A few months back I had some symptoms. I went to see a doctor and many blood tests were done on me, later on, I was told I had (Herpes). My doctor told me that there's no cure for (Herpes) I felt bad, so I went online searching for a possible cure for (Herpes Virus), I saw a post by Dr. Olta a herbal doctor that's helping people get cured of (HIV)-(HEPATITIS-B)-(CANCER) e.t.c. I contacted him and told him how I was feeling he said his herbal medicine could cure me. He sent me the medicine via Courier Service and I received the medicine some days after he sent it, I took the medicine as prescribed by him. Before the completion of the medication, the symptoms stopped. I went to the doctor and carried out another blood test, surprisingly I was Negative. I haven't had any symptoms anymore. Dr.Olta is great. You can contact him at this Email (oltaspellcaster@live.com / WhatsApp: +2348023063326)...

    VastaaPoista