sunnuntai 9. elokuuta 2015

Flower print jacket and a take on 18th century styling

I made a new 18th century jacket this week, mainly because I wanted to have something new to wear at Isokyrö 18th century fair. I finished the piece just in time (read: stayed up until 3 a.m. on Friday night to put last stitches on it...) and it was a joy to wear. There were plenty of good reenactor photographers at the fair yesterday so I expect to get some nice pics of the whole get-up in action soonish, but meanwhile here are some I took today.

The jacket is a modified version of my earlier black swallowtail jacket. I made the petticoat this week too. I might embroider the hem later.


I changed the shape of the hem for this one, making it round rather than pointy

The fabric is the same Ikea bed sheet I used for my flowery anglaise. I still have heaps of it left...

The jacket is pinned close and it has a separate stomacher with ribbon decoration.



Since I dressed up for photos of the jacket I wanted to try some different styles with it. Here's what I came up with:

My Parisian chic









Party version of the anglaise

The anglaise doesn't have proper ribbons to pull the hem up, here it's just pinned and looks a bit strange.

Don't look at the hair too closely. I just threw some pins and hair rats at it and didn't style it properly.


5 kommenttia:

  1. I truly love "The Parisian Chic", the white skirt with the ruffle looks amazing with the jacket and gives such a pretty contrast to the flower print and red ribbons :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. The jacket is amazingly versatile! I love all of the looks, but I have to admit that the parisian chic stole my heart with the pretty hat!

    VastaaPoista
  3. I love it either way, though I prefer the Parisian chic with the white fluffy muslin skirt. It's beautiful :-)

    VastaaPoista