The house move is getting closer and closer so I haven't had time to sew that much but I did go through my fabric stash in a desperate attempt to get rid of stuff I don't need. While I was doing that I found this:
I bought the fabric a couple of years ago but didn't eventually make anything out of it. I thought that the blue background and the shape of the flowers didn't after all suit the 18th century but then Sanna of Rococo Atelier showed me this picture; 18th century floral print fabric with a blue backround, and the flowers (even though they look bigger than in my fabric) are surprisingly similar in shape. So, I see an anglaise taking shape :)
Then there's the other saree I bought earlier this year, which will be a late 18th century round gown. I'm planning to finally attend the 18th century Christmas Ball in Helsinki, so this would be a perfect dress for that event.
I've also bought fabrics for an 18th century riding habit. It seems like everyone's making one, so I didn't want to be left out. And for once the fabric shop had just the colour I had envisioned. The yellow fabric is thick cotton, but has a strangely woolly feel to it. I also bought a lenght of taffeta for the waistcoat and even managed to find the right kind of linen for the shirt, so score! I haven't yet decided if I want to make a mid-18th century habit or one of the later fashions; I think that wearing paniers with a riding habit is just so silly, but I'm not sure if I'd want to make a 1780s habit either. Maybe I'll make up my mind eventually.
I'm making steady progress with the dance dress. All the machine embroidery is now done and I'm adding details by hand. I still need to line the cape and the dress hem, sew in the zipper and the back seam, sew the shoulder seams and set in sleeves and finish the neckline. I like it, it's pretty :)