I love it, it's the sparkliest dress I've ever had and it turned out just the way I wanted!
My main inspiration came from a 1913 evening dress detailed in Nancy Bradfield's Costume in Detail. The drawings of that dress really helped me to work out the construction and the materials that I'd need for the dress. I also used this evening dress by Lucile as a source. I used one vintage sari, taffeta, lace fabric and a bit of silk taffeta for the belt piece. I added a lot of bigger sequins and beads on the lace fabric to embellish the embroidery.
|I took these photos a couple of days before the event just to make sure that everything was in place.|
|I cut a flower motif out of the leftover lace fabric and appliqued it on the sash with beads and sequins. The hanging bead chains are attached under it.|
|The sash attaches with snap buttons on the left side.|
|The loose front end of the left sleeve attaches with snap buttons on the bodice under the sash.|
|The lace layer of the bodice is loose from centre front to left side seam and attaches on the base bodice with snap buttons.|
|The base bodice closes at the centre front with hooks and thread loops.|
|I'm happy with my hair and accessories. I did the hair myself and it turned out nicely. I also made that diadem and it fits well in the overall blinginess of the dress.|
|All the photos on the staircase were taken by Sonja From|