tiistai 11. maaliskuuta 2014

I may have been a bit bad...

I bought two vintage sarees. Considering that I haven't been exactly rolling in money so far this year and meeting the expenses each month is a bit of a balancing act, maybe buying supplies to cater for my costuming habit is not entirely sensible. But I did do the math first and being vintage they were cheap, not to mention gorgeous. AND I already know exactly what I want to make out of them.

Pictures? Yes, I thought so too :)


I really like the colour and the embroideries! The colour is actually a bit deeper, raspberry red.

There's metallic and colour embroidery, pearls and the saree is liberally sprinkled with gold sequins

This is going to be my new Regency ball gown


The second saree is creamy white and almost butter cream colour in places. This is the gorgeously embroidered pallu end of the saree.
The embroidery is done in metal bullion and there's a row of rhinestones on the pallu edge


This is going to be ca. 1780 round gown. The pallu end will be the skirt front piece.

4 kommenttia:

  1. Heehee, I think 'purchasing fabric' is on the good side of being bad :) Can't wait to see the dresses being assembled!
    Beautiful colours!

    Sabine

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you! I'm halfway through the red one, making it into a Regency ball gown. I love the embroidery and it adds a nice weight to the gown hem.

      Poista
  2. Oh my goodness I LOVE the ivory one!!! Good heavens...but that is stunningly gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you create with it!

    Blessings!
    Gina

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you! I know, it was love at first sight! I had to have it. The fabric is lovely and soft. I think I'll make a 1780s round gown out of it, because I really want to make the most of the lovely embroidery.

      Poista