I had my doubts but this corset project was surprisingly easy, not at all frustrated-hair-pulling-inducing or, well, evil in that special way that only corsets and stays can be. I now dare to say it, having safely finished, that I actually liked making this corset. Shocking.
The pattern is from Norah Waugh's Corsets and Crinolines and I really didn't modify it at all. The top fabric is the same I used for my 1820s pelisse and it's still one of my all time favourite fabrics. There's a steel busk and spiral steel bones, metal eylets and I used jute yarn for the cording on the bust.
I feel very accomplished :)
|I had trouble pulling the lacing evenly. I believe the fit of the top edge will be better when I adjust the lacing.|
|I had a bit of fun with the flossing|
|I sewed the busk in by hand, and also the cording and the topstitched boning channels on the front and front side pieces. Otherwise the corset is machine-sewn.|