For the gown I used the Tidens Toj pattern for a 1790s round gown. I originally cut the hem a bit too short so I had to add a strip of fabric on it to remedy that blunder. I ended up turning that strip of fabric double and actually I rather like the way it looks and gives the hem a little bit of weight and body.
The fabric is this lovely very lightweight and almost see-through silk-viscose blend that I've used for chemisettes earlier but I always knew I wanted to make a Regency gown out of it as well.
The beaded bodice is a Regency era acessory that seemed to be popular in the early years 1800s; there are several fashion plates depicting different variations. The beading pattern I chose to make may not be exactly period but I like it anyway.
|The hem is massive, there's all together 3 widths of the fabric in it.|
|You've got a have a massive feather. No excuses.|
|I've got a train!|